We may collect the following types of information about you which are described in more detail below: (A) information you provide to us, (B) information we may automatically collect, and (C) information we may receive from third parties. All of the information listed in (A)-(C) above, are detailed below, and hereinafter referred to as “Information.”
In using our Services, you may provide us with Information, including, without limitation:
- Contact information such as name, email address, postal address, and telephone number(s);
- Certain demographic information such as age or age range, gender, and state of residence;
- Payment and transaction information including credit or bank card information;
- Preferences for communications;
- Responses when you voluntarily participate in a survey or interview regarding our services;
- Access to your geo-location or to other data held on social media platforms and other software;
- Any information included if you choose to submit your resume or apply for a specific job such as career history, educational background, and resume; and
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Our Services may automatically collect certain Information about you. This Information may be used by RSI for the operation of the Services, to maintain quality of the Services, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Services. This Information may include:
- IP address, which is the number associated with the service through which you access the Internet, like your ISP (Internet service provider);
- Location from which you visit or use our Services;
- Date and time of your visit or use of our Services;
- Domain server from which you are using our Services;
- Type of computer, web browsers, search engine used, operating system, or platform you use;
- Data identifying the web pages you visited prior to and after visiting our website or use of our Services;
- Your movement and activity within the Services, which is aggregated with other information; and
- Mobile device information, including the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or “UDID”).
If you participate in activities on RSI-branded or owned gaming platforms or other sports betting platforms, we may obtain information from our partners including BetRivers and Rush Street Gaming, which may include information related to your RSI or Rush Rewards or other gaming account(s) including information we need to make the Services available to you and/or to associate your Rush Rewards (or other gaming) accounts.
We may collect additional Information about you from third-party websites, social media platforms, such as, but not limited, to Facebook and Instagram (“Social Media Platforms”), other RSI-affiliated websites such as BetRivers.com, and/or sources providing publicly available information (e.g., from the U.S. postal service) to help us provide services to you, help prevent fraud, and for marketing and advertising purposes.
Information we may access about you, with your consent, may include, but is not limited to, your basic Social Media Platform information, your location data, your list of contacts, friends or followers and certain information about your activities on the Social Media Platform. Please keep in mind that when you provide Information to us on a third-party website or platform (for example, via our applications), the Information you provide may be separately collected by the third-party website or the Social Media Platform.
We collect the above Information directly and through the use of third parties. We collect this Information by using certain technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. Third-party service providers, advertisers, and/or partners may also view, edit, or set their own cookies or place web beacons.
- Web Beacons. Website pages may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity). We may also use these technical methods to analyze the traffic patterns, such as the frequency with which our users visit various parts of the Services. These technical methods may involve the transmission of Information either directly to us or to a third party authorized by us to collect Information on our behalf. Our Services may use retargeting pixels from Google, Facebook, and other ad networks. We may also use web beacons in HTML emails that we send to determine whether the recipients have opened those emails and/or clicked on links in those emails.
- Mobile Application Technologies. If you access our website and Services through a mobile device, we may automatically collect Information about your device, your phone number, and your physical location.
- Do Not Track. Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the Information collected on our Services for online advertising and analytics purposes, and that is why we provide the variety of opt-out mechanisms listed herein. However, we do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals.
We use and process your Information for things that may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To help you locate services that are relevant to you;
- Use the survey responses and interviews to evaluate ways to improve the quality of our services, expand our platform navigation, performance, features, and overall user experience;
- To process your employment application through our Careers page;
- To respond to your comments, inquiries, and questions and provide customer service;
- To tailor promotions or other offerings for you and to reach new customers;
- For general or targeted marketing and advertising purposes, including sending you promotional material or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties, provided that you have not already opted-out of receiving such communications;
- To manage, improve and foster relationships with third-party service providers, including vendors, suppliers, and parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and business partners;
- To maintain, improve, customize, or administer the Services, perform business analyses, or other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Services, resolve technical problems, or improve security or develop other products and services;
- To comply with our Terms of Service;
- Analytics for business purposes and business intelligence;
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations and respond to lawful requests; and/or
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your Information and/or pursuant to your consent.
We may also use Information that has been de-identified and/or aggregated for purposes not otherwise listed above.
- Third-Party Service Providers.We may share your Information with third-party service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host the Services, assist with fraud and cybersecurity, manage databases, perform analyses, provide customer service, or send communications for us). These third-party service providers are authorized to use your Information only as necessary to provide these services to us. In some instances, we may aggregate Information we collect so third parties do not have access to your identifiable Information to identify you individually.
- Disclosure of Information for Legal, Administrative and Regulatory Reasons.We may disclose your Information without notice: (i) when required by law or to comply with a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process; (ii) to cooperate with or undertake an internal or external investigation or audit; (iii) to comply with legal, regulatory, or administrative requirements of governmental authorities (including, without limitation, requests from the governmental authorities to view your Information) or the relevant gaming authorities; (iv) to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of us, our subsidiaries and affiliates, and any of our or their officers, directors, employees, attorneys, agents, contractors and partners, and the Services users; (v) to enforce or apply our Terms of Service; and (vi) to verify the identity of the user of our Services.
- Business Transfers. Your Information may be shared, transferred, sold, or otherwise conveyed (“Conveyed”) to a third party in connection with, or during the negotiation of: (i) a merger with or acquisition by another business entity; (ii) a financing; (iii) a sale of all or substantially all our assets; (iv) an adjudication of bankruptcy; or (v) a liquidation or other You agree to any and all such Conveyances of your Information.
- Information Shared with our Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We may share your Information with our subsidiaries and affiliates, including but not limited to entities and brands within Rush Street Gaming network, including but not limited to BetRivers and PlaySugarHouse.
- Information Shared with our Potential Investors. We may share your Information with our potential investors and/or other individuals exploring a potential partnership with RSI.
- Information Shared with Sports Leagues and Sports Governing Authorities. We may share your Information with sports leagues and sports governing authorities such as the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or to report prohibited users to the applicable sports governing body.
- Online Communications.Any Information you submit in a public forum (e.g., a blog, our live chat room, or social network) may be read, collected, or used by us and other participants, and could be used to personalize your experience. You are responsible for the Information you choose to submit in these instances.
- De-Identified or Aggregated Data.We may aggregate, anonymize, and/or de-identify any Information collected from you so that such Information can no longer be linked to you or your device. We may use aggregated, de-identified or anonymized Information for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, and may also share such data with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, and sponsors, in our discretion.
We use commercially reasonable measures to provide our Services. However, you should assume that no data transmitted over the Internet or stored or maintained by us or our third-party service providers can be 100% secure. Therefore, although we believe the measures implemented by us reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved, we do not promise or guarantee, and you should not expect, that your Information or private communications will always remain private or secure. We do not guarantee that your Information will not be misused by third parties. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security features. You agree that we will not have any liability for misuse, access, acquisition, deletion, or disclosure of your Information.
If you believe that your Information has been accessed or acquired by an unauthorized person, you shall promptly How to Contact Us so that necessary measures can quickly be taken.
We will retain your Information for as long as needed to provide you Services. If you wish to request that we no longer use your Information to provide you Services, please contact us at [email protected] We will retain and may continue to process your Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Information you have submitted to us. We are under no obligation to store such Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Information.
- You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from RSI by following the instructions in those emails, through your My Account page or How to Contact Us. If you opt out, we may still send you transactional or relationship email messages about our ongoing business relations.
- Cookies; Web Beacons. Although we do not interpret or respond to “Do Not Track” signals, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject cookies and web beacons. Please note that our Services may not function properly if you do so.
- Opting Out of Direct Marketing by Third Parties. To exercise choices regarding the marketing information you receive, you may also review the following links:
- You may opt-out of tracking and receiving tailored advertisements on your mobile device by some mobile advertising companies and other similar entities by downloading the App Choices app at aboutads.info/appchoices.
- You may opt-out of receiving permissible targeted advertisements by using the NAI Opt-out tool available at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1 or visiting About Ads at http://optout.aboutads.info.
- You can opt-out of having your activity on our Services made available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out add-on for your web browser by visiting: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout for your web browser.
To the extent state laws provide users with certain data subject rights, those rights may be honored by the Company following proper authentication and verification. Please see the How to Contact Us section below for more information.
RSI is based in the United States and the Information we collect is governed by U.S. law. The Services collect Information and process and store that Information in databases located in the United States. If you are visiting the Services from a country outside the United States, you should be aware that you may transfer personally identifiable Information about yourself to the United States, and that the data protection laws of the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in your own country. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing Information to us, including personally identifiable Information, you consent to the processing and transfer of this Information in and to the U.S.
Our Services are intended only for users over the age of eighteen (18). If we become aware that a user is under thirteen (13) (or a higher age threshold where applicable) and has provided us with Information, we will take steps to comply with any applicable legal requirement to remove such Information. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected Information from a child under the age of thirteen (13).
Email us: [email protected]
Write us: Rush Street Interactive
Rush Street Interactive, LP
900 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 950
Chicago, IL 60611
Last Updated: January 1, 2022